Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Nanny Diaries

It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday evening. At times I feel as if I just had a baby, even though I am only babysitting. It is more tiring than I remember. And to top it all off, Hayden has pink eye and will be home tomorrow. Emma's mom and I agreed that if one of my kiddos was sick, I would make them keep their distance. She has no one else who can babysit Emma, plus she has no more sick days left. So, tomorrow should be interesting. I am already hard at work disinfecting everything. It's weird, my emotions have been all out of whack this week as well. I don't know what my problem is. I am sure I am feeling off because I have been stripped of a little bit of my new found (since August) freedom. Having a newborn here is odd and I would feel funny out shopping and running around with her. Especially since it's so cold and windy lately. And, this is a bit personal, but some people know I am feeling a little baby hungry for one of my own. Yes, I know I already have four. But, I am getting older and it is probably nothing more than my biological clock ticking. It must not have gotten the memo that I have been in labor more hours than I have spent shopping. It's actually a weird feeling and kinda embarrassing. I am quite sure that this baby factory is closed for good. I am really glad that I have been given the opportunity to care for and love such a sweet little girl. And, it's kinda like being a grandparent. I get to hand her back over to her parents each afternoon and I still get a good night's sleep.
P.S. I am sorry to go on and on about babysitting, it's stil new...

1 comment:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Go on and on all you want...We are all waiting to hear how it goes!