Friday, December 21, 2007

Attention Crazy Shoppers...

relax!! The world is not gonna come to an end if you don't get that certain toy. They are gonna re-stock tonight while you sleep. Even if they don't put any out, it's gonna be ok. There is no need to panic. There is also no need to be rude. And hateful. It's also polite to say excuse me when you walk in front of me while I browse. Did it ever occur to you that stopping your basket all crooked like and acting like I'm not behind you is rude? Or walking like a snail and taking your sweet time when you can obviously see me waiting to go down that aisle. Or letting your kid ride on a toy in the middle of the aisle while you talk on your cellphone. I also have gifts to buy, I am also in a hurry, and on a budget. I have a family to get home to. I don't want to be out too late. Women out shopping alone get mugged. And while we're at it, why are you staring at me or looking in my buggy? Do I have Starbucks hot cocoa on my face? A booger? Or do you think I'm cute? At least smile at me. Is there something in my cart you want? Or are you just curious at what I'm buying? Are you trying to steal my wallet, my cell phone, WHAT? Just to let you know: I absolutely love Christmas and all that it's about, from the deepest spiritual meaning to the silly modern take on the holiday. So, don't ruin it for me. Remember the magic of it, the look on a child's face when they wake up on Christmas morning, the smell in the air, the cookies, the music, family and friends, and just freaking chill already.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, my gosh, AMEN! Especially the stuff about being crooked in the aisles and acting like you aren't there. Argh!

Shannon said...

I hate how basically you have to become one of "them" to even survive shopping! I turn into an aggressive shopper, I can't stand when people act like they own the store and they are the only ones shopping!

James said...

Some people show no courtesy to others. Its all about me me me! Part of whats wrong with this world.

Anonymous said...

A fat lady in a scooter chair nearly mowed ,e down and then acted like it was my fault. I almost cried because it scared me and her attitude made it worse, I thunk being in a scooter gives some people attitudes. Mom