Friday, December 28, 2007

We are family...

As most of you know I come from a big family. The sad thing is that I am not close to many of my siblings. Which is beginning to bother me alot as I get older. I really can't say why we're not close. There are many factors involved: age, distance, family drama, etc. I am pretty close to my little sisters, Kelli and Amy. I talk to Kelli almost daily and either email/chat on MySpace/or talk on the phone to Amy every two weeks or so. However, there are six more siblings I haven't seen in awhile. I only see my brother Erik once a year, and I haven't seen my brother Chris since May. I am grateful that I see them that much. I really miss my siblings who live in Utah, a sister: Julie, and 3 brothers: Ken, Jeremy, and Jason. I haven't seen them in over 10 years, the last time I saw Julie was 12 years ago. I would do just about anything to be able to see them again, and to have a relationship with them would be amazing. I am determined to get to Utah as soon as possible and get to know my family again. It is a goal that I am not gonna give up on until it's achieved. I have managed to send a Christmas card every year, but that's it. I feel as if it's my fault that we all don't talk. But, in my defense they don't make the move either. So, it really can't be my fault. I wish I knew why we all grew apart in the first place, or why we weren't that close to begin with. Family- if any of ya'll are reading, enough is enough. Let's mend some fences. We're not getting any younger and precious years have already been lost.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I still say we need to work on that reunion in a few years.

James said...

Its never too late.