Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This is only a test, right?

Man, I had finally gotten into the Christmas spirit and today happened. Today was gonna be busy but productive for me, and then wouldn't you know it I have to go and be dramatic! I had dropped cookie dough and stockings at my parent's house and I was headed to deliver Kelli's cookie dough and then get a haircut, when my car decided to act up. After getting cash for my haircut out of the bank I skipped the gas station and headed up Pioneer Pkwy. in Grand Prairie, when my car started to chug a lug. All I could think was lo and behold driving on empty is finally coming to haunt me! I chugged my way (barely) into a restaurant parking lot and called my dad. He, along with several other nice men driving by and the guys at Grand Prairie Jiffy Lube helped pour in some gas (which didn't work). They all then pushed that giant monstrosity of a vehicle into a handicapped parking space. My dad then drove me to Kelli's to hang for a bit and to give her her cookie dough order. My car is now patiently awaiting a tow. Although I felt like a complete idiot at first and was super embarrassed for running out of gas, I feel a little better knowing it needs a fuel pump and it was not my fault. Christmas was already an issue because of Chan's surgery. Now, it looks like I'm getting a $500 fuel pump for Christmas this year. I wonder if I have a purse to match it? At least I got some cookie dough delivered. Although technically Kelli could have just driven here and picked it up herself, since she did drive me home. My hair still needs cut and I haven't had lunch yet, but oh well.

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Cookie dough is always a worthy cause. As is a Glamor magazine.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

there is just something about good ole Grand Prairie and cars breaking down...hmmm...good thing you guys moved AWAY!

Ashley said...

yes, good thing we did. I just have a black cloud over my head. but as kelli said a Glamour magazine and some freshly baked Resse's pb cup cookie dough helps sooth the pain!

Ashley said...

Thank goodness I took my reindeer gear off of my car because of the weather, that would have made it a little more embarrassing...

Anonymous said...

look on the bright side, tomorrow there will be only 323 days until next Halloween, and I bet we'll have some chili. mmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Amy's car is getting repaired tommorow, the 3rd time in for the same problem, and they still don't know how to fix it. Stupid VW. I wonder if she will settle for car repairs for Christmas? I doubt it. Also you fuel pump usually goes out if you run the car without gas. FYI.

Ashley said...

I'll keep that in mind. Sorry ya'll are having the same issue.

Anonymous said...

Eeeww Ashley! I've had days like that. When EVERYthing possible goes wrong... But the good news is there are even more days when everything goes even better than could be imagined! :)

Shannon said...

Seriously it is days like that that confirm my life motto, "when it rains, it pours!" So sorry you had a sucky day, but look on the bright side, you got to eat cookies and see Kelli! And yes, it would've been pretty darn funny if you had those antlers still on ;)

James said...

oh that sucks - and it was all cold and rainy today.