Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday small talk...

Well, the cold is finally here. While I love hot chocolate, soup, and a nice roaring fire, I sure wish I was in flip flops next to the pool! Today Jon took the boys to the BMX track to race. Crazy huh? The season ends in 1 week and the boys want to rack up as many points as possible. Plus, Hayden wanted to try one more time to hit intermediate. He DID it! We are so proud of him! To turn intermediate in 5 weeks of racing, in only 12 races is amazing! Hunter has been doing great as well. Unfortunately he is in a much more competitive group of boys. He is racing out of class each week, but is doing an awesome job of holding his own. He has a 1st place win, two 2nd place wins, and a 3rd place win. Things will now get rougher for Hayden as well. Moving up a class means he will now compete with kids who have been racing a long time. Anyway, while they were at the track Chloe and I headed to Target. I normally love Target, but today was awful. Remind me to never shop on a weekend during the day ever again. Sheer hell! It was so crowded that I gave up and came home. I'll go tomorrow when all the crazy people are at work! We did stop for a rare indulegence for me and a first time indulgence for Chloe: Starbucks. We got hot chocolates. Chloe was so cute, I think she felt very sophisticated and grown up with her Starbucks cup. The forbidden fruit! Even if we weren't Mormon, we would never drink coffee, blech! More power to those of you that can drink it. It is so not for me. I'm a hot chocolate kind of gal. Back in high school I used to go to Denny's with friends to study and we would order coffee. I would literally pour 5 creamers and about 10 sugars in and choke it down. I too thought I was cool or something. We were so funny today, we both wore white and we both spilled hot cocoa on our shirts! Dorks! My Chan enjoyed the quiet while we were all gone. He is currently re-reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the millionth time! He read it for the first time in 4th grade. Mr. Smarty Pants! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. We are gonna make pizzas, light a fire, and work on Hayden's Christmas project for school. Til we meet again...

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

awesome stuff!! congrats to your boys!!
and Starbucks hot choc is the ultimate in hot chocolates!! mmmmmmm

James said...

That is great - way to go Hunter and Hayden! Hot Chocolate does sound good. Yum~

Ashley said...

Thanks guys! We are proud of them! We got the regular hot chocolate. I am jonesing to try the peppermint one... Maybe tomorrow, if I get out of my pj's that is.

Kelli said...

Mmmm, Starbucks. And I ain't talking about hot chocolate!

Ashley said...

Yeah, I just can't get the taste of it! I do like coffee ice cream though!

Shannon said...

Mmm! Starbucks cocoa is so good! I love to get the add ins! I like when they do almond and coconut, like an almond joy cocoa! So yummy!