Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Disappointing

I am sure if you read the news or go online, that you have read about Jamie Lynn Spears, you know, Britney's sister. If not, I'll fill you in. She is pregnant and she is only 16. While I have no room to talk (I became a mom at 18.), I am not a tv star. Chloe absolutely loves Zoey 101, which is the show Jamie Lynn is on. Being 10 years old, she doesn't know about the circumstances surrounding Chandler's birth. That is something we will discuss when she's older, if it comes up. I was totally bummed when Lindsay Lohan started to act like a fool, now this. Being a girl and her mother's daughter, I am sure this incident will be brought up during recess. One website even speculated if she will keep her job or not. I about choked on my glass of Coke. Seriously, if it were up to me she would have been fired ASAP! I understand that these things happen, and I don't want to be judgmental, but I am in a state of shock here. I just can't believe that a child star is having a baby! I can almost guarantee that more than one magazine will have a feature about her and the child when it's born. The nursery, her efforts at post-baby weight loss, if she's nursing or not. And, you know every member of the paparazzi is on bump-watch. How sad. I am just really bummed. I am already thinking of how I am gonna answer all of Chloe's questions. I am also thinking of a way to construct a bubble for Chloe to live in or at the very least, a giant shield. To protect her from this crazy world.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Bryce and I are going to beg/borrow/steal our own island someday. You are totally welcome to come live with us on it. Wow. It's almost pathetic that we're shocked, huh?

Anonymous said...

I know Ashley. Its crazy, but unfortunatly not shocking. Did you hear Momma Spears also lost her book deal (because of this) about how to raise two superstar children?! Haha! What a joke. I'm sorry. I can't imagine what i'd be thinking if i had a child who looked up to these two balls of mess.