Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Day of Rest

Today was our day to chill. Ok, so we chilled yesterday, but whose counting? We all slept way too late, except Jon who went to the gym to pump iron, showoff! The kids all played with their new goodies, played outside, and fought over the computers. Six people sharing three computers is no fun. I was a little disappointed in the weather. Sunshine but freezing, yuck! I love a cold sunny day, but it was too cold today. I think I may be getting a little cabin fever. Being cooped up indoors sick has been exhausting. Tomorrow I am taking the kids to spend their Christmas cash and gift cards, so that should be fun. At least it will get me out of the house. I have a few things on my list that Santa forgot.... After a lovely dinner of Chili's to go, we got a huge roaring fire going in the fireplace and watched TV: The Year's Funniest Commercials and America's Funniest Home Videos. Both were hilarious, except I sounded like I'd had one too many Marlboro's every time I laughed. I will be so glad when I am rid of this cough. Jon and I did get to enjoy one of our gifts this evening. I got us each a quiz book, about how well you know your spouse. Out of 100 questions I got 90 right and Jon got 76 right. Yay, I rock! Anyway, just wanted to touch base. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I hope ya'll didn't have a gift card to Walmart. I heard the system kept rejecting them because there were too many.

Ashley said...

Yeah, James got each of the kids one at Walmart and they all worked fine. I was nervous though. I have bad luck with stuff like that.