Monday, December 17, 2007

Red Rover, Red Rover, Can Santa Come Over?

Oh man, I am tired! I really need to start Christmas shopping today. I have, however stumbled upon a few roadblocks. The first and most easily remedied roadblock would be the fact that I am exhausted! For some really dumb reason, Jon and I stayed up way too late... Ok, get your minds out of the gutter. We were watching videos on Youtube. Seriously, I don't know what we were thinking. He had been reading on a BMX message board and there was a thread about people's favorite videos. So, we stayed up until 2:30 watching funny/crazy/silly/dumb videos! Are we nuts? We have 4 children who can't get ready for school by themselves for various reasons and boy is it ever a Monday around here! Anyway, a short nap should get me back in the Christmas spirit in no time. Poor Jon, I can promise you he will be snoring on the couch by 9:30 this evening. My second roadblock would be money or lack of. This year Christmas will be lean, and that is an understatement! We were still recovering from my appendix surgery, when Chan totally jacked up his leg, and then my fuel pump decided to die. So, I am gonna have to be very creative this year. Thankfully we aren't exchanging gifts among the adults this year, which helps alot. But, I am not ashamed to admit that I like getting presents. I will live however. I am also not doing my normal Christmas Eve shindig, which is sad but unavoidable. So, I am saving alot of money, but it will still be interesting. It has been hard to muster up any spirit. I really can't be all woe is me though, I know there are people out there who are suffering way more than we are. I am thankful that I have a wonderful family, 4 beautiful children, great friends, and a roof over my head! This year has really hit home to me what Christmas is all about and we have had alot of talk with the kids about it. But, if someone feels so inclined, and you bump into him, could you please send Santa my way? If not, an elf to make gifts would be nice. I would gladly welcome Mrs. Claus to help me bake alot of goodies, quick! Oh wait... I am Santa, and the elf, and Mrs. Claus... What's a girl to do?

2 comments:

James said...

Please send Santa my way as well :)

Kelli said...

Ah, an elf to make gifts. That made me laugh.