Monday, December 3, 2007

Chili Blanco

About a year ago at Chili's they had a white chili on the menu. To say it was delicious would be an understatement. Well, much to my dismay they have removed it from their menu. Tonight I tried to duplicate it, by tweaking to our taste a recipe I found online. Not totally the same, but still yummy! I was very proud of myself. Here for all to enjoy is my latest "culinary creation" :
1 onion chopped
2 tbsp. oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 & 1/2 tsp. oregano
small can of green chiles
1 & 1/2 cans chicken broth
3 packages of pre-cooked and seasoned chicken fajita strips (I found at Wal-Mart)
3 cans Great Northern beans
1 can cannellini beans
1 can navy beans
2 cans light red kidney beans
Saute onion, spices, and chicken breast strips in 2 tbsp. oil
Then add in chicken broth, chiles and beans. Simmer on medium heat to a low boil. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve. We had ours with shredded cheese, tortillas, and avocado slices. The boys had theirs with fritos.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ummm, yummy! I am going to have to try this for sure! Sounds delish!

Ashley said...

The Day After: Serious ammo food if you get my drift...