Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas Y'all!

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday! It is 7:55 in the evening and we are finally winding down. It's been a fun, crazy, busy day. Last night we sat around FOREVER and waited for the kids to go to sleep. The three youngest crashed at 1 in the morning, but Chandler held out until 3 o'clock!!! I finally forbid him to leave his room, so Santa and I could get busy. We finished laying out presents and stuffing stockings and climbed into bed at 4:00. Let me tell you, 9:30 came early. Everyone really loved their presents. I tried really hard on our limited budget this year to fulfill all of their Christmas wishes. They all seemed very pleased, and for that I am glad. We got really lucky this year that we had not one thing that needed to be put together! YAY! After opening gifts, we had a big breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and orange juice "spritzers". (OJ mixed with Sprite) The kids and Jon then headed outdoors to play with their new goodies and I headed down for a long (3 hour) winter's nap. Which I really needed, as I am still getting over strep throat. My biggest issue now is laryngitis and a nasty cough. I can't wait to be well again! After my nap, I spent over an hour in the kitchen making dinner: shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, and cheddar biscuits. Red Lobster eat your heart out, the kids all went back for thirds!! We are all stuffed! I am fixing to usher everyone to the showers and then we are gonna watch Elf and have dessert. I would love to have everyone in bed by 10, we'll see what happens?! I want to say thanks for all of the nice gifts that the we were given. Even though we agreed we wouldn't do adult gifts!! It means alot. We are very blessed to have such amazing family and friends. We truly hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We love you guys!

8 comments:

James said...

Merry Christmas - hope you got the present in the mail box that Ronny and I left for you all.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds like it went well! I hope you feel SO much better soon! :)

Ashley said...

Yes we did James. I thought we weren't exchanging gifts??? Thanks Sarah, me too. Being sick is no fun.

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Kelli said...

I'm glad ya'll had a good Christmas. Your dinner sounds so much better than my overly greasy Denny's dinner. Merry Christmas.

James said...

I know but, it wasnt much. Plus those are my nieces and nephews so..... I wanted to :) love you all!

James said...

Niece was not supposed to have an "s" on the end - ooppss.

Ashley said...

Thanks again James, the kids are wanting to go spend all their gift cards asap. We love you back! Kel-our Thanksgiving I-Hop was cold and gross, so I can relate. Make Bryce take you to PF Changs for lunch today!