Monday, December 10, 2007

Girl meets Boy...

I am always a bit nostalgic on December 10th, it's the day Jon and I went on our first date. We went to Harrigans, remember that place? I dressed way up and he dressed way down. It was on this date that we found out we had the same birthday and on this date that we were both officially smitten! We talked for hours and were the last people left in the restaurant. We stayed a whole hour after closing time and never even noticed that they were sweeping and piling chairs up around us. We have been together ever since. I have included the first photo of us together. Taken at Jon's grandparent's house two weeks after our first date. This was my first time meeting his family as well. It was taken on Christmas Eve just as the clock struck midnight. Meeting Jon at such a beautiful time of year always makes me smile and makes me love the holidays that much more. I can remember our first date like it was yesterday, sigh...

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Loooove the velvet pants! Ya'll look so YOUNG! It's so weird to look at the date stamp and see the year 94.

James said...

wow! thats really cool that you still have that first picture. Memories! Love you two ~

Ashley said...

see the velvet shoes too? yep 94! that's a long time ago huh?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

i remember 1994! I was 14!! LOL
That is SO sweet....James and I met in December too...our first date was December 1st!

Ashley said...

Sweet! 94 sometimes seems a long time ago, but then I can still remember most of it like it was yesterday! We went to dinner tonight to "celebrate" and had fun talking about how young, naive, and goofy we were! It was fun!

Unknown said...

I can hardly believe it's been 11 years. You look as pretty today as you did then.