Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Ogre of a Sore Throat

Well, I was right. We have strep throat. Or has Hayden would say it: we have Shrek throat. We went to Care Now where a sweet little doctor confirmed my diagnosis. I knew before we even went though. Too bad I can't write prescriptions. Our doctor was from North Duh-ko-tuh. Of course I asked, I'm nosey like that. She told us, "strep's highly contagious doant-cha know." She sounded exactly like Frances McDormand's character in Fargo. So cute. Afterwards we headed to Walgreens for our Amoxil and a camouflage Santa hat. I don't know about you, but a camouflage hat always makes me feel better. I was very tempted to swig Hayden's whole bottle of cold, bubble gum flavored liquid pleasure. I think I may have been hallucinating, but it seemed like just the thing to soothe my throat. I held off though. Instead we braved the mall traffic so we could get some soup at Chick-Fil-A. They have awesome chicken soup, just the thing when you are sick. We are finally home, in our pj's and medicated to the gills. We are watching Christmas movies under a big fat blanket. I am crossing my fingers that we are better by Christmas and that no one else gets sick.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey, with soup, a big blanket and movies, strep throat doesn't sound so bad.

Ashley said...

Hah! I would gladly trade you any day. I have never had this and it is awful. Nothing could make me feel better... ok, maybe vicodin!

James said...

Hope you two start feeling better soon.