Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cold weather, warm cookies, and a lost art...

Today we have been so lazy. We all slept until 10, which was great. Other than that it's been all about staying warm and enjoying each others company. We read a couple of awesome books: Cajun Night Before Christmas and Texas Night Before Christmas. If you have never read either, you are missing out. They are so cute and follow the traditional story line but with Cajun and Texas "language". The kids got a kick out of them. We have baked cookies, colored Christmas pictures, and watched a little bit of TV. I did get all of my Christmas cards done, finally. Which took me about 3 hours off and on. I love doing cards and letters, anything that is actual mail and not email. I was once told by Jon's grandma that letter writing was a lost art and that she always looked forward to any mail that I would send her. I completely agree. I rarely if ever get paper mail from anyone, but I still try and send stuff out at least a couple of times a year. I absolutely love the whole process. Thinking of what to write, special paper, colored inks, stickers, ribbons, pictures, etc. I have even been known to stick confetti or candy in the envelopes. I send out Mother's day cards, Halloween cards, and Valentine cards to all of my friends. And then there is my Christmas card list which is getting longer every year. But, I truly enjoy doing it, and if I can brighten just one person's day, then it is worth it. I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying their day. I will start and finish Christmas shopping next week, so today is my calm before the storm. Just wanted to check in and give ya'll an update on us. We are gonna head to Starbucks for hot chocolate, even though we are still in our pajamas! Have a great rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds absolutely wonderful!

Kelli said...

Can't wait for the Christmas card. And letter-writing IS a lost art.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

what a great day! :)