Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Tag!

Since I am sicker than a dog and have no desire to do anything that requires leaving the couch, I'll go ahead and post my 12 favorite things that get me in the Christmas spirit. Oh, by the way I was tagged by my little sister Kelli. So, here goes:

1) Hot chocolate!! I like to sample as many as possible. My current favorite is Starbucks peppermint hot cocoa.
2) Decorating!! I love to decorate anything I can get my hands on. My house is blinged out Christmas right now! My next house will have a guest bath, cause I am so gonna have Christmas decor in there too.
3. Driving around looking at lights. The good, the bad, and yes even the ugly.
4. Blue Bell Peppermint ice cream, YUM!
5. Cheesy Christmas movies, especially the ones on Lifetime or Hallmark channel.
6. Reminiscing about going to my Grandma's house when we were kids. Man I miss her, she had the coolest decorations: the lighted color wheel and the bubble Christmas lights. And the cheese ball covered in almonds.
7. Taking Christmas card pictures of the kids, and sending out cards. Love it!
8. Christmas music on 103.7FM
9. All of the cute little pictures and crafts the kids bring home from school.
10. That random knock on the door, that brings with it a plate of baked goods. You know, the neighbors, the folks from church wishing us a happy holiday.
11. Presents! Presents! Presents!
12. The magic in the air. The excitement I can see in the kids faces, the waiting and anticipation. Hoping for snow. The smell of Christmas trees, firewood, cookies, and yummy holiday candles. Christmas always reminds me of when I met Jon.
There you have it. I am now gonna go into a semi-comatose state on the couch and hope the kids don't burn down the house or something tragic. Oh yeah, I guess I am supposed to tag someone and I can't think of anyone. Erica, if you're reading, I am tagging you. Or anyone else who is interested...

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I totally want one of those lighted wheels.

James said...

Reading that list reminds me how much I love Christmas time too.